Apple CarPlay is one of the most innovative in-vehicle connectivity systems in modern vehicles. It usually comes alongside Android Auto compatibility. Apple CarPlay has been able to communicate with vehicles wirelessly since 2015, and now the 2017 BMW 5 Series is taking advantage of that technology.
The BMW 5 Series sedan will be the first to support wireless Apple CarPlay. That essentially means that drivers won’t have to connect their smartphone to the car via USB cable in order to use the software. That’s a major step that will appeal to a massive amount of drivers.
Apple CarPlay links to the iDrive system, which is a displayed on a 10.25-inch touchscreen. Drivers can interact with their favorite apps, make calls, and more through the iDrive Touch Controller. Voice commands and tapping the screen also work.
BMW officially integrated Apple CarPlay into its lineup back in May, a late start in the automotive segment. Now the German automaker is jumping ahead of competitors by offering the first vehicle that makes use of Apple CarPlay’s wireless capabilities.
The 2017 BMW 5 Series will ship out in February 2017, wireless Apple CarPlay and all.
We here at BMW of Bowling Green are happy to see the BMW 5 Series staying ahead of the pack when it comes to technology.
BMW may be trying to keep it under wraps, but the upcoming BMW 8 Series has shone through. The model was spotted for the first time while it was testing, and tons of spy shots were captured of this elusive vehicle. Sneaky photographers found a prototype of the vehicle simply parked in a storage lot.
What has been uncovered
In the 2018 BMW 8 Series images, we can see the sleek new coupe, although it is covered by camouflage. The attempted protection doesn’t do enough to distort its body, however, so a handful of changes are clearly evident.
The new 2018 BMW 8 Series is starting to look a lot like the BMW 7 Series (shown), though more compact.
The new 8 Series Coupe looks a lot like the 7 Series, though it is of course more compact. There are only two doors on the model, which also sports the signature BMW kidney grille. You can check out some of the photos here.
Rumor has it that the BMW 8 Series was brought back to replace the BMW 6 Series, rolling out between 2017 and 2018. While we can’t say for sure, these spy photos seem to indicate that BWM has made great progress on that timeframe.
Keep your eyes peeled for more BMW 8 Series news, and in the meantime, visit us anytime at BMW of Bowling Green to check out what BMW currently has in store.
Now that the temperatures are dropping, and fast, you are probably taking your swimsuit, flip flops, and beach towel out of your car. In their place, don’t forget to stock up on cold weather necessities before winter weather hits. If you prepare yourself for the first big snow before it hits, you will thank yourself.
Here are some winter weather essentials to keep in your car:
- Get yourself both a quality ice scraper and a quality shovel. You are likely to use the former more than the latter, but if your car ever gets buried in snow, you will be glad to have a shovel available.
- Pack yourself some extra gloves, an extra hat, and maybe even an extra winter coat. If you ever forget one of these garments or lose one, you will have a backup.
- Upgrade your emergency kit to include a quality blanket and perhaps heating packs, just in case you find yourself in a chilly emergency.
- And as always, keep a first-aid kit, a flashlight with extra batteries, and a spare cell phone charger safely tucked away in your car.
For more winter weather safety ideas or to check out a snow-ready vehicle for the new season, feel free to contact us or visit us anytime at BMW of Bowling Green.
To celebrate the luxury of the all-new 2016 BMW 7 Series, Montblanc has teamed up with BMW. They are set to release a unique collection called Montblanc for BMW. This series of lifestyle accessories are designed specifically to coordinate with the 7 Series. The collection was unveiled during Monterey Car Week at BMW’s Villa at Pebble Beach.
“There’s a lot of symmetry between our brands, which makes this collaboration very natural,” said Eric Riehle, Accessory and Lifestyle Manager at BMW of North America. “The Montblanc for BMW Special Edition collection is the perfect accompaniment to our flagship BMW 7 Series sedan and we are happy to offer it to customers in the U.S.”
Montblanc for BMW – What it Includes
The collection includes fountain pens, ball pens, a key sleeve, passport holder, business card holder, document case, and a cabin bag. Also, all products are finely crafted and feature the BMW 7 Series pattern along with the Montblanc logo.
These products are available for purchase through local BMW dealerships, including here at BMW of Bowling Green. They can also be purchased online or at one of four Montblanc Boutiques in Yorkdale, Canada; Houston, Texas; Miami Aventura; or New York Madison Avenue.
Which produce from the Montblanc for BMW collection would you love to own?
September is recognized as Baby Safety Month, which means it is the perfect time for some tips on keeping the tiniest members of your family safe while in the car.
We all know that babies need to ride in car seats. However, using a car seat correctly is harder that most people realize. In fact, nearly three out of four car seats are installed or used incorrectly. Here are five simple steps to help make sure your little one is safe.
Car Safety for Babies – Tips:
- Right seat. Make sure the seat you are using is appropriate for their age, weight, and height. Read the seat’s owner’s manual for exact specifications. It will also tell you exactly how to install the seat.
- Right place. Until children are 13 years old, they need to be in the back seat. This is because front seat air bags are not designed for children and could injure them more than an accident itself.
- Right direction. New recommendations say you should keep your child rear-facing as long as possible, or until they are near two years old. Make sure the seat you are using can continue to support him or her in that position until then.
- Inch test. Once you have the seat installed in your car, see how much wiggle room it has at the base. If you can move it more than an inch front to back or side to side, it is not tight enough.
- Pinch test. When your child is buckled in, try to pinch the harness straps at his or her shoulders. If you can pinch any webbing, you need to tighten the harness.
Follow these steps and you’ll soon be an expert in car safety for babies.
Looking for an adventure? Bowling Green, Kentucky is home to a number of cave systems just waiting to be explored. One of the most popular is the beautiful Lost River Cave, located just off Exit 22 of I-65. The state’s only Underground Boat Tour features a Butterfly Habitat, as well as the shortest and deepest river in the world (as confirmed by Ripley’s Believe It or Not). Lost River Cave offers visitors a number of fun experiences and beautiful sights, as well as some educational history lessons.
Cave boat tours float through year-round in this underground river. (Lost River Cave)
What does a cave tour include?
Tours in the cave are about 45 minutes long and consist of both a guided walking tour & a boat tour. They begin at the top of each hour from 9am to 5pm. Adults cost $16.95 per ticket, kids from 4 to 11 cost $11.95, and children 3 and under are $4.95. During the walking tour, guests will learn about the cave’s role in many historical events. These include: the Civil War, its relation to notorious criminal Jesse James, its history among Native American peoples and more. Finally, the boat tour will take you through tight caverns where you can touch the limestone ceiling and under the famous wishing rock.
Lost River Cave is open year-round and is always a comfortable average temperature of 57 degrees, regardless of how hot or cold it is outside. Bring your friends or family for a day of adventure underground. Also, remember that we’re right down the road!
activity, boat, day trip, family, fun, geology, History, Kentucky, kids, KY, Lost River Cave, water
Whether you are packing the entire family’s luggage for vacation or are packing everything you need for a college dorm room into your vehicle’s trunk – the process can be tricky.
How to pack most efficiently for a road trip
Here are some car packing tips to help you get started:
- Sort your belongings or bags by their weight. Be sure to place the heaviest items towards the center of the vehicle, balancing it and increasing efficiency.
- Pack a separate bag for things you may want from the front seat. This is including medications, your glasses, etc. You’ll want to always keep it in reach.
- Otherwise, take your smallest and lightest items and be sure to secure them tightly. Make sure that they don’t fall or move around during your trip.
- Lastly, make sure that you can see clearly through the rear windshield before you leave!
For more tips or to check out our selection of vehicles with extra cargo space, contact us or visit us anytime at BMW of Bowling Green.
The luxurious BMW i3 is one of the best electric vehicles on the road, earning it the title of “Green Car of the Year” and more – so it’s really no wonder that the industry-changing model is selling like crazy.
According to BMW company sources, orders for the latest version of the BMW i3 have increased “many times over,” especially after the German government began to offer a sales incentive to the purchase of electric cars.
BMW i3 Battery Upgrade
Plus, the BMW i3 is now available with an upgraded battery that increases its range to 114 miles, though its price increase is merely $1,200. Ultimately, this has caused orders of the BMW i3 to increase to about 5,000.
Between its fuel-efficiency, quirky exterior, and affordable price – what’s not to love? It’s no wonder why there has been such a BMW i3 sales increase.
Want to learn more about the BMW i3 or take one out on a test drive? To learn more, contact us or visit us anytime, here at BMW of Bowling Green. We also have many other BMW vehicles in stock, so feel free to come and look around! You never know what might catch your eye.